The maps on Community Insight Australia display 16 themes covering around 100 indicators by default. These preloaded themes and indicators are some of the most widely used indicators. However, they are merely a suggestion and you can add, delete and edit themes and indicators from the maps and dashboards as you wish. There are more than 700+ indicators for you to choose from.
- Themes are the subheadings under which you can group indicators. For example, a theme within the Community Insight Australia default is ‘Housing’
- Indicators are individual datasets. For example, ‘Total number of homeless persons’
Customise the themes to suit the language used within your organisation and make them more specific to your work. Or if you have different teams using Community Insight Australia simultaneously then you can use the themes to signpost and differentiate between departments and projects.
To start customising your themes, click Setting> Manage Indicators
If you haven’t used the custom themes before you will see a Start using custom themes button – click on this.
The themes are listed on the left hand side. Click on a theme to see which indicators are contained within that theme
Add a theme
Delete a theme
- Use the bin icon to delete a theme. Indicators contained in this theme will automatically be moved to the unassigned theme
- Use the pencil icon to edit the name of the theme
Reordering the themes and indicators
- Drag and drop both individual indicators and whole themes using the drag icon. This will rearrange the order in which they appear.
- Search within default themes for indicators.
- The indicators which are not already within a theme will be in the Unassigned theme. Simply click on the Unassigned theme and either scroll through the list of indicators or if you have a particular indicator in mind then use the search bar to search key words. Newly added indicators and custom datasets added to Community Insight Australia will be in the Unassigned theme.
Definitions of indicators
- Click on the blue arrow next to the indicator to reveal the metadata for that indicator. This will provide you with a description of the data, the source and the date which the data covers
Please note: You cannot change the name of individual indicators. However, if you feel that the name of a particular indicator is misleading then do get in touch at email@example.com