Our tool allows you to add a number of areas of interest, and then investigate the data for these areas in more detail. The My Areas tab allows you to create and define your own areas, which we call ‘adding a new custom area’. Once an area is defined, you can:
- generate a detailed report for it
- use it as a comparator for reports (each report compares a selected area to two other areas)
- see it on the dashboard
- see it on the map and overlay key datasets
Add New Custom Area
There are two methods to create custom areas:
- Draw on a map. With our tool you can define any area in Australia, without it necessarily being a standard area (a suburb, LGA, postcode etc.)
- Based on standard area. You can create standard areas from suburbs, postcodes, LGAs, states, or SA1s, SA2s and SA3s.
You can create your own categories to organise your custom areas. This becomes more important as more areas are generated by people across your organisation. It allows your organisation to keep track of areas that are of importance to different teams or projects.